Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Praise Song for Today

Oh, what a day. I love Inaugurations and this one was one of the best ever. I'm so proud of everyone involved, what class, finesse, style, courage and endurance was demonstrated, and most of that was before breakfast ;-) I do hope Elizabeth Alexander's poem "Praise Song for The Day" does get wide attention, every word in it was so carefully crafted, as were all the speeches. Despite another person's opinion expressed forcefully that almost half the country is not feeling like celebrating today, I say, too bad, be gracious. I have been gracious about recent inaugurations, it is more about America than it is about any particular person, even the president.

And oh, did you hear? CNN tells us that the gift Mrs. Obama gave to Mrs. Bush this morning was a handmade leather journal and "special" pen to begin her chronicles of Life before/during/after being First Lady. Hurray for Michelle and her style and consideration!

So tonight, at least in cyberspace, let's dance together at all the Balls. Lets celebrate the Arts, a Hope for Peace, a Wish for Cancer Cure...I'll be the one in purple paint splashed satin with alphabet shaped diamonds dangling all over...see you there!

1 comment:

RattleFox said...

I love your cyber ball gown and accessories! You look smashing in purple.