Friday, September 26, 2008

Cockroach Cancer

@$%(*&##@**%$# my friend has cancer cells that have been hiding like cockroaches and they have come out to show themselves again. WORK DONOR CELLS, stamp out those damned spots.

Otherwise, my check up today with my oncologist, Dr. Harry McCoy (dr. Harry) was good (time for less steroids and more codeine, OK, no problemo), he approved and appreciated my new dragon tattoo, big grin, he's always been a great supporter of my Art. I'm feeling better than in weeks, had some wonderful social excuses to visit with friends going to & from rads this week and even enjoyed driving myself through the rain today...XM radio played Strawberry Fields and I sang loudly. Got to visit with Ceil and do some grand plan jewelry making/designing on Weds AND my friend Connie was in town from Nashville AND Feza showed up with her own 49th birthday cake at lunch and i ate two pieces, somebody had to...and there was a great group at lunch that day, we spent 3 hours catching up! So I'm a lucky girl in so many ways. AND when Ceil and I were driving over the New River, what came on XM but Jackson Browne's "The Load Out & Stay" which was recorded live for his Pretender LP in 1977 at Meriweather Post Pavillion (between DC & Baltimore) where Lynn & I & Gail can be heard leading the applause when David Lindley stood up to sing the falsetto part! OK, you have to listen closely but it was just like Lynnie patted me on the shoulder from heaven and said "Didn't we sisters have fun?" and Ceil didn't mind that I sang loudly along this time too.

Have a great weekend everyone, go Hokies, beat Nebraska!

No comments: