Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Real Letters at Last

Ok, so I'm learning how to post photos and artwork. These are the two pieces I actually pretty much finished this summer. Will get this down to a better skill eventually! The first is a quote from Dante "And then they came forth to see the stars again", supposedly said as they came out of Hell. It is done with bleach on and gold leaf on black paper with a scarred up top piece of mylar with the italian translation spattered on it in acrylic inks.

The second is from Michaelangelo, "My soul can find no staircase to heaven unless it be through earth's loveliness." It was inspired by last spring's flowers and is done on Artists' "paper canvas" with Inktense Pencils and liquid acrylics and some masking fluid.

3 comments:

Mishell K. Evans said...

Ann... thanks for including me in the blog world! Love the art photos and really love Don Williams and Emmylou Harris! Blog on, blog on...

Ann Van Tassell said...

thanks for checking in, so glad you are one of the few who recognized my favorite duet song...

BTW, any chance you would like a free standing hammock for your back field? we need to find it a good home & it will fit in the back of R's truck...

TTFN,Annie

Victoria Pittman said...

THat stars piece is stunning!

What a great blog, Ann.
I've added you to my list

love ya
Vicky